Tuesday, 28 July 2020

[modelio] corrupted diagrammes

Sympom

I experienced several times now that diagrammes got currupted. Some components missing others renamed. Very annoying and tedious to fix.

Cause

I did not actually test this, but I suspect that the cause is copying a diagramme to take advantage of already defined objects. But then
  • one renames some objects
  • one deletes some objects
  • one adds objects
Latter is no problem at all but as the objects of the copy diagramme are not copies but sort of links to the original
  • renaming will rename the orignal
  • deleting will delete the original
thus rendering the original diagramme in a dire state. I have not found means neither to just remove objects from a Diagramme instead of deleting them nor to cut the link to the original.

Solution

Create an all new Diagramme.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[git] Create a local branch from another branch

From the active branch git checkout -b <LOCAL_BRANCH> From a donator branch git checkout -b <LOCAL_BRANCH> <DONATING_BRANCH...